It Is Beyond Amazing...

I use a dressing stick to help accomplish all my life tasks. All it's made of is a wooden dowel and a wire coat hook. Without it I'd be very limited in my independence. With it I can do something as simple as picking up a dime from the floor, reaching a light switch, pulling up my pants and as complicated as laundry, retrieving an item that rolled under the couch or getting dinner from the freezer (which is significantly above my head). With this in mind, you can now see how necessary a dressing stick is in a handicapable person's life, it helps with much more than just dressing. Recently the hook on my stick broke, so I was searching online to see where I can purchase a new one since Home Depot no longer keeps them in stock. I was completely disgusted when I viewed the first result of my search which was an ad for a medical supply company who is charging $135 for this completely necessary device. The disgusting part is that you can go to a hardware store and purchase a dowel and hook for $2.85. Medical supply companies continually rape our society by over charging for items handicapable people can't survive without. It's beyond amazing and makes me sick. Check it out...

www.allegromedical.com/daily-living-aids

No comments: